Richard Walker.Travel Log

Monday, September 15, 2008

More climbing

I've just woken up and we have today and tomorrow left to climb before
we are out of here.

Time for breakfast and a shower, we have been eating a lot of baguette
with Brie, good cheese is so cheap here as is good bread. We often sit
in a small cafe somewhere and drink espeesso also. I don't usually
drink coffee but it seems appropriate.

Yesterday was a rest day, we went in to Fontainebleau town and
wandered around, saw the chateau and took pictures etc. The chateau
was pretty amazing I must say. Oh and we also saw a huge sculpture of
a cyclops head in the forest that an artist had installed. It was
pretty huge and made of iron with what looked like big gears sticking
out and a tiled face. See pictures for a better idea of what I'm
talking about.

Brian and sandra left us to go back to Switzerland yesterday so it is
just Jonathan Mik and I for the next couple days before Jonathan and I
head back to Germany and Mik heads back to Norway.

No comments: