Richard Walker.Travel Log

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Vancouver and a Bear

I saw my first bear in the wild so to speak yesterday! It was eating grass on the side of the road as we were driving to Vancouver for the day. It didn't seem to care that 5 million people had stopped their cars and were watching it and taking pictures of it from 15 m away. Can't say that was a very smart thing for them to do however as I'm not sure they could have got to the safety of their cars before it charged them down had it so desired. I'm not sure how safe the safety of the car is for that matter.

Carrying on...We went into Vancouver for the day where we walked around the sea wall with cousin Roger and then met Thomas for a sit down at the beach followed by all you can eat sushi in the west end. Very good sushi. Tim and I drove back to Squamish that night.

Today it was climbing as usual. I'm tired now and we are at the local library mooching internet before we go eat and then probably go see Hell Boy 2 at the local movie theatre.

No comments: