Richard Walker.Travel Log

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Border Run Part 3

So this is the 3rd time I've tried to write this post but have been thwarted the previous 2 attempts. 3rd times a charm.
I have just been "processed" at the border and am now back on the bus. A pretty painless process really. 30 mins turn around time I think. Another 4 hours and i'll be back in Bangkok.

It's always a kinda weird feeling to be stared at by locals in a place where you couldn't be more out of place. It's not uncomfortable, not like being a shitey walking around the streets of Harlem, NYC... just weird.

The process of the border run was somewhat interesting in itself too, nothing new for me, I had to do it a few times back in 2003 when I was here last. They have it down to an art also. The company I paid for the service takes you on a bus to the border and ferrys you through the process. You check out of Thailand, check into Cambodia, check out of Cambodia and then check back into Thailand. To make this easier all you actually have to do is check out of thailand and then hand your passport over to the company who then riuns the passports in and out of Cambodia for you so you can then check back into Thailand.

Anyways, heading back to Bangkok now and will be updating the map with my location along the way.

No comments: