Richard Walker.Travel Log

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Koh Samui

Yesterday we flew from Bangkok to Ko Samui, the largest of 3 islands off the east coast of Thailand near the mainland town of Surat Thani.

We are staying in a pretty nice place up on top of the hills above chaweng noi beach. The view is stunning, they have a pool, one of those ones that has no proper edge where the view is so the water from the pool meets the water of the ocean way in the distance when you are in it. Very nice. We have to get here and back by 4wd which they provide. Food has been delicious.

We slept to a thundering rain storm last night which was awesome to sleep to being that the hut we sleep in is so basic.

I have internet whenever I need it via my phone so I check my email many times per day as usual and I don't need to face my internet addiction ;)

1 comment:

m said...

How's the weather, I arrive on Koh Samui on Wednesday, but I'm guessing you guess wont stick around that long.

Where are you for Loy Khathong?

Ill give you a call when I arrive and see if we can meet up somewhere.