Richard Walker.Travel Log

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

To Cambodia and Back (border run part 2.)

So we just had our first stop, used the facilities, jumped back on the bus and were given fried rice for lunch which, if I may, I shall talk about for a moment.
Thai fried rice is not quite like my experiences with chinese fried rice. It is somehow lighter and tastier and laced with things like cilantro and fresh tomato and cucumber. Very tasty. Mine had shrimp.

So that said, before I close this post for now, I might just say that its pretty kick ass that I'm writing this from a bus burning through the countryside in Thailand. It may not be the fastest internet but it is good enough for email and such and its only costing me 1 baht / minute which is around $3/hour canadian and because I can turn internet on, connect to my email, turn it off and write and read emails and then turn it back on to send / update it costs very little to keep myself connected like the internet junkie that I am. So far I've had coverage the whole way. I can only hope the same applies when we head to the islands tomorrow.
Oh, and in terms of how I'm doing it, I have my cell phone sitting in my bag beside me and I can use it to connect and disconnect to the internet as needed through bluetooth (a wireless protocol)

More to come...

No comments: