Richard Walker.Travel Log

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Bangkok Apartment

I am now the proud renter of an apartment south of the downtown area in Bangkok for the next 3-4 weeks. It is nice and quiet and has fast internet and air conditioning and even cable tv. Its pretty much a hotel room. Outside on the street it is constant chaos during the day, hot and loud and smelly and awesome. There are lots of places for me to explore and the Thai people around here are so genuine and usually very friendly. I'm really not near any of the tourist spots so I am a bit more out of place and a bit less seen as a walking atm. hehe

Right now its pissing down outside with thunder and lightning. Feels good, such a nice feeling.
Tonight I went down the road and found some kind of small street market where I bought a coconut, some watermelon, some bananas and a tonne of dinner all for a whopping fee of $3 CAD

I have a tonne of work to catch up on but now that I have a place to live and work from that shouldnt be a problem. I spent most of today working away and will do so for the next 2 days solid.

No comments: