Richard Walker.Travel Log

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ranjene Has Arrived

I went and got Ron from the airport last night around midnight. I tried to use only public transport to get to the airport but made it only half way before I ran into a hump. No bus 552 showed up to go to the airport at the stop I was waiting at. There was even a sign on the stop sign that said that bus 552 stopped there. In the end after waiting about 40 mins I grabbed a taxi and hoofed it for the airport. Unfortunately the taxi broke gown and glided to the side of the road within sight of the airport. I ended up grabbing another taxi and taking that to the airport, the driver waited and I went and found Ron pretty much right away. 

Today we had a pretty slack day, ate a lot and I went to class and learned more about thai numbers, addresses and phone numbers etc. fun fun

I've decided to play a game called find the most absurd catcall from the thai vendors on the street.

Some of the best I am aware of are:

I haaaave some sing
Cold water 5 baht, fresh oran juuuuuice
and my personal favourite and it should be yours too
Meeeeooowww chicken sandwich (this one comes from Matt and Ana, alas I have never heard this one myself)

I shall be on the look out for more.

1 comment:

Richie said...

I forgot:

"You wan samall chaang befoore?"

-courtesy of Jonathan