Richard Walker.Travel Log

Monday, October 20, 2008

Cell Phones and Thai Lessons

I got a new cell phone! It's what we in the business refer to as a "burner" as in you use and discard it once you are done. Cost me about $30 cad and Ranjene got one too. Now I have 2 phones and 2 phone numbers so I can seperate out the calling from the hi-tech gadgetry. Seeing as my good phone which does gps and maps and all the fun stuff is prone to failure in the humidity at least if it does I still can make and receive calls on the burner.

I had another Thai lesson today and I have homework and a small test on verbs tomorrow. I must study. Ranjene is off to her work for training tomorrow. I've been training her on how to get around on the skytrain and buses so tomorrow she will be off on her own! I will stay at home to work for the morning and then head off to class around 3pm.

I've been taking a look at a CMS (content management system) called silverstripe which I think I shall try using on a couple upcoming projects perhaps, need to look into it little further but it seems really intuitive to build websites with and is supposed to be standards compliant which is great! - If you don't know what the hell I'm talking about, disregard the last paragraph ;)

No comments: